Thursday, February 27, 2014

The fire of hell burns on my tongue and I am ashamed

And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. (James 3:6 ESV)

Words can not be unspoken...they live for a lifetime in the minds of those who hear them.  I have said things to build others up and I have said things that hurt people...and good or bad, I can not unspeak, any of them.  Oh how I wish I could unspeak some of my unkind, hurtful words...but I can not...and both myself and the person who heard them have to live with that for the rest of our lives.  The fire burns, and I am ashamed.  I need You Jesus to change me, tame my tongue, give me words of grace, mercy, and love to speak rather than bitter, angry, and critical words.  I need You a God.


No comments:

Post a Comment