This verse pierces my heart to the very core, it's a mission statement, it provides clear direction. Jesus came for sinners, and He wants us to be merciful. I am passionate about seeing a church full of people who are seeking Jesus because they understand their need for His grace, mercy, and love...and they recognize that "I am a sinner too!" And then that same church goes out and tells other people about how God changed their lives. That is the great story of His mercy, grace, and love...because none of us deserved it. So just as God shows us mercy, let us show it to one another.
I am terrified of seeing a church that is full of "good people" that are afraid of sinners, afraid of the "Unchurched", and who don't adapt or find a way to share God's grace, mercy, and love with them. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying we adapt the content of our churches to make it more palatable to people (there is way too much of that happening already, false teachings, prosperity gospels, etc.) I AM saying that no matter who shows up, they should be received with all the fullness of mercy, grace, and love that the Holy Spirit can muster...and that's the kind of thing that gets my heart pounding and my spirit stirring knowing that God is at work! Love on someone, show them mercy and grace, they come to church, they are accepted as they are, God moves, they tell others, rinse and repeat...it's not about numbers, it's about bringing the sick to the Doctor, Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment