Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's easy to see darkness in the light and visa versa

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5 ESV)

When I thnk about a dark room, I tend to think about how the farther I get from the source of light, the darker it gets.  I love this passage out of John because it points to the inverse being true...the closer we are to the light the less visible darkness is, for the light illuminates everything that is near it.  Jesus is the light, sin is the darkness, the closer we are to Jesus, the more revealed our sin is, and that brings about repentance and change of heart through the Holy Spirit. It allows us to strive to eliminate darkness from our lives through His grace, and become a reflector of His light, His love, and provides hope for all that would simply seek and accept Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment