I rush around a lot. I am always headed this way or that, saying things multiple times, as if saying it more will make it happen faster...you know like "come on, come on,..." Or "let's go, let's go". I try to fit a week worth of stuff into a day or a month's worth into a week. You know it is getting bad when you begin to half heartedly hope for some medical condition that will grant you a few days of rest.
Tonight I received a phone call from my wife asking me to console our 5 year old daughter. When my little girl got on the phone, she was sobbing that she missed me and wanted me to come home. I promised her that she could sleep in mommy and daddy's bed tonight if she would calm down and play quietly in her room until I got home. When I got home, she had fallen asleep in her room, and wanting to make good on my promise, I carried her into our bed (where she is snuggled up to me as I write this). What does this have to do with tonight's passage? God is our daddy, and we long to be comforted by Him, to know that He is in control, and that He has got it all covered. I'm not God, and I'm not comparing myself to Him. I am saying that tonight, while watching my daughter sleep, I can see that she was comforted when she knew that daddy was finally here. I think that is how God views us, except He is always there, He has always been there, and will always be there. He is in control...all we need to do is be still and know that He is God. Thank You Lord for teaching my heart so gently.
If you're like me, try being still and focussing on the fact that HE is God and is in complete control. The only thing that changes is perspective, but that shift in perspective releases all the stress, control, worry, anxiety, etc. and says "God be glorified, You have got this!". I can't express how much I needed that message tonight...Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment