Monday, March 11, 2013

Together in the clouds

1 Thessalonians 4;16-18

16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. 
The very first Christian T-shirt I ever bought had 1 Thessalonians 4; 16-18 on it.  I was a new Christian and I was a freshman in high school.  This verse brought me great hope then as it does today.  Jesus is not dead!  He is coming again and we who are alive in HIM will meet HIM in the air and we will ALWAYS be with the LORD forever more.
This verse keeps me going, keeps me moving, keeps me encouraged.  With each moment that is passing by, this moment draws closer.  What a glorious day that will be.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment