5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
If you would like a recipe for failure, I have one for you. Let thoughts like "I've got this God" or "I' am doing so well" enter into your thinking. That is all it really takes. What follows after is like watching a car with no brakes careening out of control as it picks up speed going down a steep hill towards a crowd of people. You can see that there is nothing good that is going to come of it, there is no means of stopping it, and others in your path are clearly at risk...and then HELLO, it's "GOD PLEASE HELP ME!" I'm reminded again about Peter walking out on the water to Jesus and beginning to sink when he began to doubt. Proverbs 3 nails it "Trust in the LORD with all your heart", ALL means ALL, not a snip it, a tid bit, ALL. That is my prayer tonight, that ALL of my heart, ALL of our hearts, would trust in the LORD.
No comments:
Post a Comment