Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Desolate Place

Matthew 15;32-37

32 Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, I have compassion on the crowd because they have been with me now three days and have nothing to eat. And I am unwilling to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way.33 And the disciples said to him, Where are we to get enough bread in such a desolate place to feed so great a crowd?34 And Jesus said to them, How many loaves do you have? They said, Seven, and a few small fish.35 And directing the crowd to sit down on the ground,36 he took the seven loaves and the fish, and having given thanks he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds.37 And they all ate and were satisfied. And they took up seven baskets full of the broken pieces left over.
I love this passage in Matthew.  I love it because Jesus has compassion on the crowd and wants to fill their basic need of food.  The crowds had been following Him for 3 days, they were persistent in their pursuit of Him and had followed Him into a desolate place. He wanted to make sure that they were not deprived of food prior to sending them away, back to live their lives.  Today it is no different, Jesus will make sure that while we are seeking after Him, even in a desolate place, our needs to are met, it may not be immediate gratification (it took 3 days before He fed the crowd) but our needs will be met.  He will meet our needs because He does not want us to be faint on our way.
I can't say how long the trial you are going through will last.  I can't say how desolate things will become.  I can say that your persistent pursuit of Him is what matters most and that your needs will be met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment