Saturday, March 9, 2013

Frustrated

Sometimes, there are things in life that are so simple, yet so insanely frustrating!  I spent several hours this week on a particular worship song, which is typically played in one key and is to be done in a different key.  The key it is to be done in doesn't work with the open voicing of the original chords, and the recording isn't in the key it is to be done in.  I NEVER struggle with this, I can usually hear it in my head, transpose it, change the voicing, etc and make it work...FRUSTRATING!!!

I stopped working on it about 30 minutes ago because it hit me square in the face...this is a WORSHIP song, yet it is causing me to sin...doesn't make sense does it?  "Causing you to sin?" you say.  I'm talking about self reliance, depending on one's self instead of relying on God.  I am a perfectionist and want everything to go just so.  Don't get me wrong, I will be able to play something that will be fine, but I WILL KNOW the difference.  The sin is my pride, and I am not going to allow it to win.  I just want to worship HIM, I just want HIS glory to shine around, I want HIM to be in complete control.  So tonight, I walked away and know that no matter what happens, the only thing that matters is that HE receives glory, honor, and praise. 

Romans 8;28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

I find great comfort in Romans 8;28 tonight.  "all things work together for good".  I am letting go tonight and trusting that HE will use it to glorify HIS name.

No comments:

Post a Comment