Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Daily Critic

2 Timothy 1;7

7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 

I write this tonight at the close of a very long, very busy, very stressful day.  I am replaying today's events, as I do everyday's events,  in my mind and criticizing myself for what I should and shouldn't have done.  I am angry with myself for being angry, I am be frustrated with myself for being frustrated, and I am impatient that I have not yet learned to be patient.  I began to read God's word, and 2 Timothy 1;7 jumped off of the page.  I will admit that at first, it was condemnation that I was feeling.  Where was my spirit of love during my anger, where was my spirit of power during my frustration, where was my spirit of self-control during my impatience?  Then after the sting of condemnation dulled, I heard a still small voice comforting me, reminding me:

2 Corinthians 12;9

9 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I am weak, I am a sinner, and I am in desperate need of HIS power...humbling though it may be, I'm just glad to know that HE is in control.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment