Friday, April 25, 2014

Until there is nothing left but Christ

This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:27-29 ESV)

I am so grateful for His kingdom that cannot be shaken!  In the midst of my deepest sorrow, hardest struggle, etc,  I will worship in reverence and awe... Mo matter what! Many will say why?  I can simply answer by stating that the value of knowing Christ is worth everything, there is nothing I would trade for Jesus...period.  I want to always worship like that, in reckless abandon, forgetting about what the people around me are thinking, not focused on what I can get out of it, but rather focused on what I can give back to Him, how I can lead His people to a place where they are vulnerable and ready to be molded like clay, connecting with the God of all creation in a way that is deep, personal, and life altering.  I want to be humbled in in His presence, mindful of His glory, and consumed by His holy fire, burned up and refined until there is nothing left in me but Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment