This was Jesus' reply to the demoniac (after Jesus had cast out Legion) when the demoniac wanted to go with Him. I asked myself the question, is that the end of the story? Clearly the answer is no. I don't know the beginning of the story or how the man came to be possessed by Legion, yet I do know that the man was alive and telling people what Jesus had done for him after Jesus departed from him (so clearly not the end). I will call it "the middle" of the demoniac's story. I make this observation for a specific reason. Whatever you, dear reader, are struggling with tonight, there is a path that lead you here (not to the blog, to the point in your life). The important part is to understand that when your path intersects with Jesus (as I hope it has...if it hasn't see my personal testimony in the archives), He became Lord of your life. Struggles will, do, and will continue until death. What doesn't change is the sovereignty of God. We endure because He sustains us, we rely not on ourselves, but we rely on Christ. When we make it to the other side of the struggle or trial, we are called to go to our friends and tell them how much The Lord has done for us. We all struggle, and everyone sees it...when God brings mercy, healing, release, etc. we must be certain to tell of it. If you haven't read Mark 5, check it out. It is, in my opinion the most human of depictions of the demoniac and his life altering encounter with Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment