Have you ever heard the saying "some days you're the windshield, somedays you're the bug"? This is so true (at least for me) in walking with Christ. I can have times of great triumph and then days, weeks, or mere seconds later, be squashed flat...feeling like I'm out for the count. Thankfully, our walk with Christ is not based on emotion!
One area of my life that I know I must watch, is the idea of "self sufficiency". The "I can handle it", "I've got this", or "I'm prepared" mentality is very prevelent in our society. I confess, I'm a schedule planner...I even schedule time to think...we're talking almost OCD levels up in here. When you "schedule free time"...that might be an indicator. Through the years, God has opened up my heart and mind to the idea of being more flexible. It hasn't always been easy, yet at the same time, because I know He loves me, I understand the heart behind the need for change. God guides us down the path, sometimes with a gentle nudge and other times with a knock from the shephards hook. The thing we must understand is that God loves us so much that we can never become the people he wants, unless we heed to His direction.
Today may have been a tough day for some. I know mine was particularly challenging. I would encourage each of you reading this to know that God not only loves you, He genuinely cares about you. He wants to have a relationship with you, and help you avoid pitfalls, finding His path before you get hurt or hung up on things.
If you are struggling or simply want more info about how to have a relationship with Christ, message me. I promise we can have an open conversation free from judgement. Worst case scenario, you meet me, best case scenario, you come to know Jesus and He turns your world upside down for His glory. Either way, if you need someone to talk to...reach out, send me a message on FB, leave a comment, etc.
Praying for all y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment