Sunday, September 21, 2014

SOAP September 21, 2014

Scripture: But Jacob said to him, “My lord knows that the children are frail, and that the nursing flocks and herds are a care to me. If they are driven hard for one day, all the flocks will die. Let my lord pass on ahead of his servant, and I will lead on slowly, at the pace of the livestock that are ahead of me and at the pace of the children, until I come to my lord in Seir.” (Genesis 33:13-14 ESV)

Observation: Moving too quickly, puts much at risk.

Application: Sometimes, I think I have learned something, only to find out that I did not know near as much about it as I thought.  Slow down, and avoid putting things at risk because a quick fix is never as reliable as a long term solution.  When in doubt, revisit the basics, the foundation, the fundamentals.  T

Prayer: Daddy, thank You that You are everlasting and unchanging and that you are the compass by which we can steer our lives.  You are the great navigator of all eternity.  You put the stars in place, and know the depths of the oceans.  You know the number of breaths we will take, and the intentions of our hearts. Holy is Your name, forever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment