Saturday, September 20, 2014

SOAP September 20, 2014

Scripture: and you shall say, ‘Moreover, your servant Jacob is behind us.’” For he thought, “I may appease him with the present that goes ahead of me, and afterward I shall see his face. Perhaps he will accept me.” (Genesis 32:20 ESV)

Observation: fear is a powerful motivator.

Application: Jacob feared his for his life and the lives of his family at the hands of Esau.  He sought to appease him, to manipulate the situation to his favor.  This is often our initial reaction to circumstances.  We look at things, become afraid, take action to see if we can "get out of it"...all of this is done AFTER we have asked God for His deliverance.  Sometimes we need to allow time for God to do His work.  It is far less costly, less stressful, and stregthens our faith.

Prayer:  Daddy, my mind is racing tonight, my spirit is restless, and I don't know why.  Give me faith to stand strong, and grace to endure.  Extinguish my tongue from the fire wickedness and may Your words be found in my mouth all the days of my life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment