Thursday, January 16, 2014

SOAP January 16, 2014

Scripture: A worthless man plots evil, and his speech is like a scorching fire. (Proverbs 16:27 ESV)

Observation: "worthless", that is a hard word to hear someone call you.  That is how God views a man that plots evil and spews words of fire from his lips.  I know I am guilty of thinking vengeful thoughts about people who wronged me.  This is unacceptable in God's sight.

Application: don't plot revenge, or wish ill upon others.  Use words with the utmost caution.  Pray for God to fill my heart with love for my enemy and fill my mouth with blessing words.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I don't want to be a worthless man, I want to be filled with Your love and bless others with my words.  Help me share Your love with others by filling my heart with Your love for them.  Help me to love them as You love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment