Thursday, January 30, 2014

God is the strength of my heart and portion forever

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26 ESV)

Tonight I went to worship team practice.  When we got to the part of the evening where we shared what was going on in life and how we needed prayer, I overflowed like a pitcher with too much water. Life has had some pretty big challenges lately, and it turns out (surprisingly NOT!) that I am not alone.  We are engaged in a very real spiritual battle in which the heart, mind, body, and soul are tempted daily to seek glorification of the self, satisfaction of the flesh, anger, dishonor, discord, complacency, and the list goes on and on.  I had some dear friends give me words of encouragement tonight, letting me know they are there for me and my family always.  Some offered words of encouragement that spoke directly to my vey soul.   I shared a lot, tonight, none of it pretty, some of it pretty raw.  I had one friend tell me of a painting of Jesus holding a man who was limp and needed carrying called "forgiven".  I came home and looked up the image, and I must say that this was very insightful of my friend to interpret my feelings so accurately.  In reading in Psalms tonight (something I do often when feeling so torn apart mentally, physically, and emotionally) I came across tonight's passage in Psalms 73 and felt most encouraged.   It doesn't matter that my flesh fails, or that my heart fails, for GOD is my strength and portion forever.  He is more than enough.

Thank you friends for everything.  Your prayers, companionship, encouragement, and accountability, is more appreciated than you will ever know.  Thank you for your amazing heart's for God and for helping me stand when times are hard…even when times for you are also even harder.  I praise God for each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment