Monday, January 27, 2014

I have SO much to tell you...

I had much to write to you, but I would rather not write with pen and ink. I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face. (3 John 1:13, 14 ESV)

While there may be nothing deeply spiritual about my thoughts on tonight's passage, it did indeed strike me as quite "human".  It is so easy to read scripture and forget that these are real people, living real lives, with real emotions, needs, etc.  have you ever thought to yourself while typing an email or text message "this is going to take forever...I'll just call them!" Or maybe this sounds familiar "I have so much to tell you and I'd rather not do it over the phone, let's meet for coffee!"  I enjoy seeing these glimpses of humanity in scripture because it reminds me of how well God knows us.  He even knew that 2000 years later, amongst all the technology and communication methods of the day, there would still be a need, a desire, to sit down face to face with friends and truly express ourselves in a way that we often can't do in a text, an email, a phone call, or a letter.  God's so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment