Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Let's be the blessing...

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4 ESV)

I have deep rooted philosophical, theological, constitutional, ethical, morale, and many other issues with the United States government...BUT...God's word says I am to pray for them, be in intercession for them, and be in thanksgiving for them.  This is pleasing to God.  Sometimes, I lose sight of the fact that "Government" is made up of people, real flesh and blood people, with hearts, minds, and immortal souls...and God desires that all of them be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.  God wants us to be His messenger, and to deleiver His message in a "godly and dignified way".  Think of it this way, if I walked up to that politician, handed him a cup of coffee, and a newspaper, and said "You have a difficult job, and I want you to know that God has called His people to pray for you.  Thank you."  What do you think the chances of him listening to anything I have to say is?  I guarantee that this approach, is more likely to lead to a chance at presenting the gospel than snapping, sneering, gesturing, or many other forms of rude behavior we all have seen.  Next time you have the opportunity, be the one being the blessing in the eyes of God...and don't forget to be praying for these folks and giving thanks for them...I know it's hard, but we too, in order to be aligned with God's will, must desire to see all men saved and come to the knowledge of truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment