Monday, December 16, 2013

The census

In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all went to be registered, each to his own town. (Luke 2:1-3 ESV)

I am often amazed at the details captured in scripture regarding Jesus' birth.  When I read about His birth through the eyes of the writer, I imagine what it would have been like to have been there, to witness all of the signs from above that He is the Son of God.  The defining activity that was happening in the culture was a census, this is immortalized in scripture.  That got me thinking, I wonder what events will be happening in our culture when He comes back.  I don't know, yet I suspect that those events too will be remembered forever, for how could you not remember exactly what was happening when the Son of God returns?  Just like when He was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment