Monday, December 9, 2013

He loves us

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. (Psalm 63:1-4 ESV)

In the midst of every trial and every celebration is God's steadfast love for us.  He is mighty, jealous, wields unparalleled power, shares glory with none, and though He could choose differently, He chooses to love us, to be gracious to us.  Knowing that my own deeds qualify me only for eternal condemnation, I too will bless Him as long as I live, I will lift up my hands, for He loves me and He sent His son so that I would not be condemned.  How fortunate we are to be loved so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment