In today's society, having allergies is fairly common, it is just an accepted condition and is normal in our society. I was thinking about this tonight and I started wondering "how common does something need to be before we consider it normal?" While I pondered this, I began to look at the vast degrees of social change in our society over the past 60 years. Divorce, sex outside of marriage, no prayer in schools, drug use, pornography, sexual immorality, and the list goes on, all of these things have become no big deal in our culture over the last 60 years. Then the big question hit me, "Are we really living the life that Christ has called us to live?" We are living in an era where sin has become the cultural norm, so much so that even a little less sin has the appearance of being righteous. This is where tonight's passage comes in. We must realize that both now and always we need Jesus to transform us. We can never be good enough, and we NEED Him. Self reliance is not possible, we must open the door and invite Him in. We must be passionate.
God wants to do extraordinary things with us, and the reward is great when we overcome the lukewarm attitude and stop embracing normal. Praying for God to make me extraordinary for Him...here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment