Where does your self worth come from? What life events make you happy? What life events make you sad? What life events make you feel good about who you are? What life events have made you feel bad about yourself? I can't answer these questions for you dear reader...I can say that for me (at one point, and is still have to be careful), the vast majority of the answers are "work". That's right, work...if I did a great job at the office, my self worth sored, if I had a tough day, my self worth crashed, doing a great job makes me happy, not meeting expectations of the company makes me sad, I won't go any further as I'm sure you can understand how it applies to each of these questions. I don't know what your answers are, but be sure to take a moment and answer them before going on.
The best news I can tell you is that your worth is not determined by anything other than God. God says you are worth so much that He sent His only son, to die a painful death on a cross, in place of you, as a payment for your sins. Let's ask one more question, what is your purpose in life? I used to think it was success, climb the corporate ladder, own a house, be married, have 2.5 kids, etc. none of these things are inherently wrong, but none of them are my purpose anymore. When I chose to follow Jesus, He became my purpose. It happens more and more everyday, and it is much easier to see as I look back over the years and marvel at the things He has done in me and my life. My purpose in life is Christ, and the day I die, I get to be with Jesus...AMAZING!
Don't be fooled into thinking you are of little value, You are of GREAT value to God. Don't waste your life chasing a purpose that isn't worth chasing. Trust in Jesus today, and from that moment on, you will know true worth & true purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment