Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Like yesterday

For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night. (Psalm 90:4 ESV)

I was thinking about eternity today and found that it is very hard to wrap the human brain around it.  To us, 70 or 80 years seems like a long time.  Depending on what we are doing, 7 or 8 hours can seem like a long time.  To God, Moses says in Psalm 90, a thousand years is like yesterday.  Think about how many human lifetimes fit in 1 thousand years...and that is just like yesterday!  Now just for fun, think about a whole year of yesterday's...that's 365,000 years...do you see what I mean when I say it's hard to wrap our brain around it.  Then I was thinking about the descriptions in scripture about some of the beings in Heaven, some see covered in eyes, others have the head of this and the body of that, and it got me to thinking that Heaven is going to be not only awesome, it is going to showcase the creator and His creation in a way that we can't even begin to imagine.  I have to say, that got me pretty excited today!

No comments:

Post a Comment