Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Road Not Taken, a response


Isaiah 43;18-19

18 Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.


Tonight's entry has my mind racing in a million different directions at once.  I tend to be a fairly decisive person, but also a very analytical minded person.  Much of my thought processes are how to improve on past decisions to make better future decisions.  Isaiah 43;18-19 really spoke to me tonight.  God is doing a new thing, let me say it again, GOD big "G" is doing a "NEW" thing.  New meaning, from beginning, never seen before, NEW.  He will make a way where we think there is no way and all past experience he wants us to forget about it.  He wants us to not rely on our own understanding and experiences, but to fully trust in Him.  To trust and believe that HE will make a way where no one else thought it was possible...and then we will see the Glory of God first hand.
I'm a bit eclectic, I'm the only person I know that has the complete and unabridged poems of Robert Frost within arms reach nearly every day.  One of my favorite's has always been "The Road Not Taken".  The underlying theme in this poem is that the author is going back to a decision and his life and wishing he could have explored the other path, but he didn't, couldn't, and never did, but that is what made the difference.  While I love the sentiment of this poem, we can't go back in time to change things.  We will always be connected to our past, but we should be focused on now.  I choose to abandon the past, and look for the "NEW" thing that God is doing.  I want to experience Him making a way in the wilderness and Him making rivers in the desert.  
I wrote the below poem in response to "The Road Not Taken".  It's my mind's way of going through the journey, understanding the link to the past, connecting it to now, and then being focussed on today.  Enjoy.


In Response to Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken"

By Glenn Miller Jr


In time passed, the difference made
two roads diverged, a choice of ways
It was long ago, in ages past
I oft' think back and reminisce

A crossroads left for another day
I return this morn, the other way
Leaves and ground, in repose lay
underfoot, something feels astray

Time has tricked me, in it's snare
I know not the pathway there
No grass, no foliage, no signs of wear
Brambles and thorns entrance my stare.

My travels here paused and I long stood
that very crossroads in a yellow wood
two roadways joined, a meeting of ways
Present to past and past to today.









No comments:

Post a Comment