Sunday, February 24, 2013

Remembered

I love the story of Jonah.  Many years ago, I remember being so convicted by this book.  I know that I didn't directly tie yesterday's entry with Prayer, yet I consider it to be relevant due to it being part of a conversation between God and Joshua.  Tonight's text, as you may have guessed, is from the book of Jonah.

Jonah 2;7

7 When my life was fainting away,
I remembered the LORD,
and my prayer came to you,
into your holy temple.


In a certain way, this verse is a bit funny to me.  Jonah is inside the big fish at this point and I can only imagine that this is EXACTLY how Jonah felt.  Have you ever had that moment where you were in a place that you knew that you wouldn't have been in if you had followed God's instruction?  That is exactly where Jonah finds himself in this situation.  
Jonah knew that he had disobeyed God, that he had run away from HIS direction and did the opposite of what God wanted him to do.  Yet in the midst of the trial and adversity, we see Jonah acknowledge that the LORD is in HIS holy temple and that even though he had not "remembered" the LORD in his folly, he was now ready to pray and return to him.

There are times in this life that we can not face alone.  We NEED God, HIS grace and mercy, and HIS healing power. We must remember HIM in all that we do if we are to see the power and glory of HIS name.

I've been on the brink, as I discussed in "Autobiography".  "When my life was fainting away, I remembered the LORD".  I don't know where you are tonight, but I do know that even though we may at times forget to remember the LORD, HE never forgets us.  He never leaves us, He never forsakes us, and when we think that we can bare no more, HE makes a way.  If you are struggling today, I'm praying for you. Jonah was praying from inside the belly of a fish, tonight I know that you may feel like you are even farther from God than this.  No matter where you are, God is still in HIS holy temple, He is still on His throne, and He is still BIG God, creator of the universe, author of salvation, conqueror of nations, mighty counselor, redeemer, Savior, more than we deserve, and the true one we desire.  Won't you lay down your pride tonight and follow after him?  Won't you cry out to Him tonight on His throne?  Won't you empty your hands of all your burdens and let the LORD of the universe take control?

I'm praying for you today/tonight.  May the LORD bless you and keep you until you meet Him face to face.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment