Psalm 50;14-15
14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and perform your vows to the Most High,15 and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
I've been thinking about Old Testament sacrifices lately. Bringing the first fruits of labor and giving it as a sacrifice to God as an act of Thanksgiving. In today's era, for many of us, our "first fruit" is our time, talent, and money. I'm not going to go into tithing today, but I do want to talk about the sacrifice of thanksgiving. When we are thankful to another person, we recognize it with sincere and heartfelt words and actions. Doesn't God deserve at minimum the same thing? Doesn't he deserve even more? If our first fruits are our time, talent, and money, we should be giving of these things to glorify HIS name. This is an act of worship, it is to GLORIFY HIM. The key behind understanding everything is to know that God's motive in everything is to be worshipped by HIS creation. If you are struggling, He will deliver you, if it means HE is glorified. If you want to see the power of God, start glorifying HIS name.
No comments:
Post a Comment