Observation: The lineage of Jesus goes back to Judah, who swore to protect his brother with his own life.
Application: Obedience to God and loving others above ourself are characteristics that all Christ followers are to be known by. How do I/we measure up? I encourage you to read the rest of Genesis 49 and see what Israel had to say about each of his sons and see whom you identify with most...very convicting and a great direction to point my/your prayer life.
Daddy: You Lord are high above all the earth and Your praises ring from the depths of the oceans to the highest mountain peeks, to the outer most parts of the universe and beyond our understanding. In the midst of Your greatness, You have chosen to delight in us, to be mindful of us, to call us Yours, though I/we are unworthy. Humble our prideful hearts, let us value mercy above judgement, forgiveness above condemnation, and You above everything understood and not understood. Change us for Your glory. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment