Thursday, October 23, 2014

SOAP October 23, 2014

Scripture: Righteous are you, O Lord, when I complain to you; yet I would plead my case before you. Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all who are treacherous thrive? (Jeremiah 12:1 ESV)

Observation: I can understand this question from Jeremiah!  I think we all have asked that question at one time or another.  I struggle a lot with self reliance, being task oriented, process focussed, and schedule driven.  This can make it difficult for me to experience that which God wants to teach me.

Application: Struggles are opportunities to learn where and how to improve.  Knowing I struggle with self reliance, I can focus on letting go and trusting in The Lord for things.  I can stop focusing so much on tasks and instead look for God's purpose.  I can stop focusing on a process (to do list, check list, etc.) and rely on God to know the things I need to do and their priority.  I can stop focusing on schedules, and instead let God dictate where and when He wants me to go places.  Notice, that all of these statements began with "I can".  The fact is, I can't...HE can through me.  Which brings me to tonight's prayer.

Prayer: Daddy, I am so humbled, happy, and honored to be able to call You that.  My world is so small, and yet my problems, tasks, challenges seem so huge in the view of the world.  You are bigger than all of these things combined.  I worry, when I should trust in Your might.  I celebrate myself, when instead I should give thanks to You.  I can't do anything apart from You!  I am hard headed and it takes a while for things to set in for me.  I need You to open my eyes, my heart, and my mind so they would desire You alone...Daddy I can't, but You can, for all things are possible with God.  Let me walk with You Lord, hear Your voice, discern where to go, what to say, how to say it, and give me the words.  Thank You for calling me Yours.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment