Saturday, October 25, 2014

SOAP October 25, 2014

Scripture: “Though our iniquities testify against us, act, O Lord, for your name’s sake; for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against you. O you hope of Israel, its savior in time of trouble, why should you be like a stranger in the land, like a traveler who turns aside to tarry for a night? Why should you be like a man confused, like a mighty warrior who cannot save? Yet you, O Lord, are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name; do not leave us.” (Jeremiah 14:7-9 ESV)

Observation: God is always in the midst of us, whether He chooses to act or not.  Though he may choose not to wield His mighty sword, He is still a mighty warrior.

Application: God is "in the midst of us".  He is not far away, He is close.  In that I take great comfort.  The human heart is desperately wicked, and it has been my prayer for these last few months that God would show me my own wickedness, to show me the things that I need to let go of.  It hasn't been easy, there have been tough conversations, tears, dealing with unpleasant emotions, and probably hardest of all...giving up control...yet it is not I who is able to do these things, but Christ in me.

Prayer:Daddy, Your name is higher and greater than any other.  You are so worthy of praise and so gracious to love us.  Tonight I lift up my brothers and sisters in Christ who I have wronged and thank You that You are a God of restoration. Thank You for being in the midst of us.  Keep changing my heart God, keep changing lives, and let all glory be Yours alone.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment