Saturday, July 6, 2013

Who are you really?

What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? (James 4:1 ESV)

James chapter 4 talks about the constant struggle between the world and righteousness.  I recently had an epiphany.  I have always been a hard working, goal oriented, do whatever it takes to be successful, kind of person, especially at work.  There is nothing inherently wrong with this, however, I also noticed that outside of work, I don't necessarily place the same values on these attributes...As a matter of fact, outside of the workplace i think I'm actually more other people centered.  I've spent a good portion of my professional life trying to be more like my work self in my personal life, than trying to just be me all of the time.  Tonight's scripture gives some validity to this and serves to motivate through some changes in my life.  i am focusing on getting rid of that guy at work and instead just being who God made me to be...sounds so simple, but it has been amazingly eye opening!   

No comments:

Post a Comment