Friday, July 12, 2013

Mosquitos

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” (Genesis 2:18 ESV)

I took a walk tonight in the amazingness of God's creation.  I saw many flowers, trees, plants, animals, and insects.  I was particularly pleased with the firefly, what an amazing Creator we have!  I then slapped my face and killed a mosquito.  The question popped into my mind "God, why did you make Mosquitos?"  I thought about the fact that they drink blood, spread disease, cause discomfort...then Genesis 2;18 came to mind.  Mosquitos can't live without blood, they are reliant upon other creatures for their very survival.  I started to think about this and came to the realization that God created all living things to have a symbiotic relationship.  No living thing on this earth is capable of living by itself... Especially us.  God created us to need Him, and then it dawned on me, we are no different than the mosquito.  We need the blood of Christ to survive, for without it we too shall perish.  



No comments:

Post a Comment