Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bless the Lord


"1 Bless the Lord, O my soul,and all that is within me,bless his holy name!2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,and forget not all his benefits,3who forgives all your iniquity,who heals all your diseases,4who redeems your life from the pit,who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,5who satisfies you with goodso that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." (Psalms 103;1-5)


Tonight, I find myself amazed...more than that, I can't even put it into words.  These last few, seemingly long, months, God allowed my faith to be tested.  Time and again, I found myself fighting a constant battle to rely on myself rather than rely on God.  I kept thinking back to Abraham and how He chose to "help" God give him a son and the result was Ishmael, though Isaac was God's perfect plan, just not in the time frame or manner in which Abraham thought was reasonable.  I have learned that when I rely on my own understanding, like Abraham, I create more problems for myself than if I would have just trusted God to begin with.  So in this particular trial, I refused to take action, even though in my mind, I thought that I could resolve things myself much faster.  It was VERY difficult, at times I was even angry with God for putting me in the situation to begin with.  I prayed, my wife prayed, others prayed, and yet I still felt like nothing was getting closer to being resolved.  I didn't understand why, I felt dejected and confused...but I'm stubborn, so I refused to take matters into my own hands...and tonight God took over.  Tonight, God figuratively delivered Isaac, because He is faithful, true, and just.  Tonight, God blessed me and I am so happy, and yet at the same time so humbled...for who am I to be blessed by the Almighty One?  I'm moved to tears tonight, tears of great joy. So tonight I sing "Bless the Lord, O my soul" along with David and millions of others who have gone before.  All glory, honor, and praise go to Him! This has been an amazing journey thus far, and He keeps drawing me closer..and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me next. I'm sorry for being so vague, if you would like a more detailed account, feel free to talk to me or shoot me an email.  

On a final note, I know that there will be many who read this who are in the midst of their own struggle.  I'm praying for you tonight.  Give God praise regardless of where you are, draw close to Him, and eventually He will make His path known to you.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment