12But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation. (James 5;12)
Our reputation of making good on what we say has implications far beyond what we may realize. If I say I am going to do something and do not do it, then that make me unreliable. If I say that I'm busy and can't help out, when in fact I am free, but don't want to help, that makes me a liar. God expects us to be honest in our communication and stick to our guns. If we say yes, then we need to mean it and if we say no, we need to mean it as well. This is how the world will look upon us and judge the message that we have been entrusted to give them.
No comments:
Post a Comment