Thursday, July 25, 2013

Well pleased

Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” (Luke 3:21, 22 ESV)

Have you ever watched rays of sun light shine through a cloud?  The light hits it just right and it looks like many focused beams of light illuminating whatever is underneath.  This is what plays out inside my head when I read this passage.  When I read those words that everyone of us longs to hear, I hear a warm, confident, loving, compassionate tone.  What a way to set the stage for all that was to follow.  Thankful tonight for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment