Monday, July 1, 2013

I can see it from here...

4 And the LORD said to him, This is the land of which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, I will give it to your offspring. I have let you see it with your eyes, but you shall not go over there.5 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD,(Deuteronomy 34;4-5)
Step by step, God leads us where He wants us to go.  It is easy to forget that though we are part of the story, it is HIS story.  Just like a character in a movie, book, or tv show, we can die at anytime.  Can you imagine how Moses felt, as he saw the promised land?  Then imagine how he felt when he was told that he was not going over there.  Can you imagine the heart ache that Moses felt? 
Here are a few things that came to my mind tonight:
1.  It's God's story, not ours...we are blessed to be a part of it in any roll at all.2.  God will share His glory with NO ONE!3.  Obedience comes in following the footsteps without knowing how or where the path ends.  This is the nature of faith.4.  God can and does use the past and the present to impact the future, whether we get to witness it first hand or not.
I don't know where God is calling you tonight, how He is moving in your life, or when it all ends for any of us.  What I can say is that the most important thing is that HE is glorified.  We are blessed to be a part of HIS story, and we should follow in obedience, no matter how obscure or unknown the path may be.  Finally, our actions, even though it is HIS story, can have immeasurable impacts on present and future generations desire to seek after God.

No comments:

Post a Comment