Monday, April 8, 2013

I am sorry

So if you consider me your partner, receive him as you would receive me. If he has wronged you at all, or owes you anything, charge that to my account. I, Paul, write this with my own hand: I will repay it—to say nothing of your owing me even your own self. (Philemon 1:17-19 ESV)

Today this verse really struck me. "Receive him as you would receive me." leapt off of the page. I would love to tell you that it leapt off of the page because I I felt like others would receive me kindly, as I am certain Paul would have been treated. Truth be told, I find myself on the other end of this passage, I am the one in need of having my debt forgiven.

I won't make excuses, I will instead say I am sorry. I am not better than or different than you. I am a sinner who has been saved by faith in Jesus. I am an heir to an inheritance that I do not deserve, but was bought and paid for with the ultimate price.

Truth be told, I will be more sorry in my life than I ever will be right...and the part I am right about isn't me, it is Christ in me. I hear it again, "I must decrease so that He may increase". Humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment