Monday, April 29, 2013

Cockroaches

And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?" (Jonah 4:4 ESV)

I was reading in Jonah tonight and I got to thinking of all the times in my life that I have found myself angry at a situation because of the inconvenience it caused "me". I say this because all through out the book of Jonah, we see Jonah making decisions based on what he would do, and only if it would benefit him in some way. It's easy to see it in the book of Jonah and then call out Jonah for being so selfish. When you turn that message into the mirror, it's not fun. You feel parts of your insides trying to scurry away from the light of this truth like cockroaches in a kitchen scattering when the lights are turned on. My take away tonight is to make fewer decisions that start with my benefit in mind and instead look for opportunities to benefit others by being in that position to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment