Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hanging by a thread

I'm stuck inside my own head
 There's a dialogue playing inside again and again
 I can't get escape from what it says
I'd give it all to never have it begin

 I don't want to feel anymore,
I don't want to hurt anymore,
I don't want to be angry anymore,

 I'm hanging by a thread
I'm holding on with just fingertips
I know it's time to let go,
Lord, I'm giving up control


I don't want to feel like I've failed you anymore,
I don't want to be angry anymore,
 I want to let go, I need to let go

I'm hanging by a thread
I'm holding on with just fingertips
I know it's time to let go
Lord, I'm giving up control

I was hanging by His grace
I am tightly within His grasp
Lord it's time to just let go
Lord it's time to just let go

So I'm letting go

Lord I'm letting go


It's been a long last few weeks.  I'm physically, mentally, & emotionally exhausted.  Sometimes, I just have to write what is inside my head and my heart.  The above is quite accurate.  I am sure that many of you can relate.  I have a lot of things that I just need to let go of, and I can't seem to do it on my own.  I need God's help to do so.  My heart aches at knowing that at some point in my day, I will say something that hurts someone else, or my actions will cause someone else to stumble, be hurt, etc.  My flesh wants to climb higher on the corporate ladder, make more money, seek more recognition, and inflate ME.  The fact remains that everyone of these things will make me MISERABLE.  I don't want it, I just want to spend some quiet moments with the Father.

I'll end tonight's post by reflecting on this passage from Matthew 11;27-30

27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 

That is reason enough for hope.  He will give us rest.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment