Saturday, October 12, 2013

Who we care about most and who God cares about most may surprise you...

15 And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. (Mark 16;15)


Our lives our full of burdens, challenges, and trials.  Some of them entail watching those we love the most having to endure their own burdens, challenges, and trials.  We look upon them and want nothing more than to take it away from them.  We would shoulder all of it, take it upon ourselves, if it meant that they would be free, happy, well, etc.  This week in particular was very challenging, personally, professionally, spiritually and I was literally moved to tears, yet not for the reasons that one might think.  I am used to casting MY burdens upon the Lord...yet there was something different going on in my heart this week.  God truly gave me a glimpse into His heart, a glimpse of how much He loves us and desires us.  Just as we would do anything to take away the burdens, challenges, trials, and hurts, of those we love, He wants to do the same for us.  This is nothing new or shocking, but what followed was shocking...it brought me to my knees, and continues to bring a tear to my eye even while I type this.  In God's eyes, there are none that He loves more than another, He loves ALL of us...and just like us He wants to take it all upon Himself...and so He did...Jesus who knew no sin, took on the sin of the world so that we may have eternal life.  

Where is the big revelation you ask?  The glimpse God gave me was of how much He loves EVERYONE...Mark 16;15 Jesus commands us to "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."  It doesn't say tell those that we love most, it doesn't say only tell those that won't be offended, it doesn't say only when it's convenient...it says GO into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.  Now couple that with the glimpse that God gave me of His love for ALL of us.  I'm heartbroken with what I see not only in my own life but in the church as a whole.  There is an entire world full of people with burdens, challenges, trials, hurts, grief, bondage, sin, addiction, and the list goes on and on and the only answer now or ever is salvation through faith in Jesus.  Who is going to tell them if we don't?  Why are there empty chairs next to us on Sunday?  We (I) need to be more vocal about my faith and inviting people to come check out Jesus, and come learn more about Him.

 I can honestly say that my heart was changed forever this week by this glimpse into how much God loves us, and though it sounds strange, I find myself loving people.  Instead of getting angry when someone cuts me off in traffic, I've been thinking "I bet their having a rough morning and that's why they're so distracted."  and then saying a prayer for them. I know I'm still going to make mistakes, and that I will never be perfect while here on this earth.  I do know that in a world full of "sickness" the only cure is Jesus and we have the "cure" for the sickness and must do everything in our power to make sure everyone has an opportunity to receive the cure.  It's not about growing a church, it's about loving people.  I can't stress it enough, He loves us ALL so much...we in turn must love others enough and care enough to tell them, bring them, show them the gospel of Christ.  It's time to rise up, it's time to speak up, it's time to LOVE our neighbor.  Start with something simple this week, Love on some people that you don't know, invite some folks to church, sit down on a park bench with an elderly man/woman and ask them how their day is going.  Let the light of Christ shine bright...

No comments:

Post a Comment