Tuesday, November 25, 2014

SOAP November 25, 2014

Scripture: The Lord has brought it about, and has done as he said. Because you sinned against the Lord and did not obey his voice, this thing has come upon you. (Jeremiah 40:3 ESV)

Observation: When outsiders, non-believers, or even enemies are able to see the offenses against God being done by the "believers", this is a giant red flag that things are broken!

Application: I'm not normally one to care about what others think, yet for tonight's exercise, let us set that mindset aside.  What would be the judgement of non-believers on your faith?  I know it's a tough question.  Ponder that answer, realize that only God can bring about lasting change, and then seek guidance from Him.  That is way over simplified, yet at the same time, the hardest things in life are sometimes the most basic.  Simply put, we can't, He can, we just need to get ourself out of the way.

Prayer: Daddy, I struggle with anger, with perfectionism, with expecting others to know and care about exactly what I want and to execute in a way that makes sense to me.  I struggle in many areas.  Reveal to me what is most hurtful to people's view of You because of me...no matter how painful...and change me as only You can.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment