Friday, November 14, 2014

SOAP November 14, 2014

Been absent the last few days, completely consumed by work.

Scripture: And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34 ESV)

Observation: Is there any greater assurance from God than words like "I will remember their sin no more".  Hallelujah!

Application: Guilt serves it's purpose to lead us to repentance.  The Father sent the Son to pay the price for out sin.  If He has forgotten our sin, we too should stop beating ourselves up about the past and move forward for His glory.

Prayer: Daddy, Thank You for choosing us, for seeing what could be instead of what was.  Deliver us from ourselves and reign over us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment