Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pray continually, delight in The Lord

And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. (Colossians 1:9, 10 ESV)

I love the joy, excitement, and genuiness of this passage.  I may be taking this a different route, but this passage represents so much to me about friendships that I forged in my youth and now even more so when my daughter was born.  When I found out we were expecting, I did not cease to pray for her, and after she arrived, I continued to pray that she would be filled with the knowledge of His will, that she will walk in a manner worthy of The Lord.  Yet even more, I want her to delight in these things. 

Upon pondering on these thoughts for a bit, it became clear to me, that God has the same desires for us.  Just as we want to guide our children to the best things for them, God is drawing us to the best things for us.  He is interceding on our behalf continually and making Himself known to us each and every day.  Thank you Lord for the gift of family and showing how much you love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment