I have been doing some thinking lately about people in my past, some who I only knew little and others who I was very close with. My thoughts were drawn to these people for one reason in particular, and that is that one day they decided they had had enough of Jesus, God, Church, everything. They walked away and many of them began to live lifestyles that were completely opposite of how they had been living (not in a good way, drugs, alcohol, etc.). I think these thoughts are the reason the above verse resonates with me so strongly. I can't fathom someone walking away from a relationship with Jesus! Paul is telling us in this verse to hold true to what we have attained. It is not about making life easier, better, more manageable, etc. It is all about Christ, who loves us, gives us Grace, saves us by Faith, and brings us into Fellowship with the Almighty. What we have attained is Christ, let us hold true to Him always.
No comments:
Post a Comment