Tonight's scripture: Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it. (Proverbs 3:27 ESV)
This passage in Proverbs lines up with this method of thinking (going even further since it is not limiting it to 5 minutes). When it is within our power, do good for others. Help people out, not for personal gain, simply because that is what Christ has called us to do. There are a lot of principles inside of "Give and take" that line up with scripture, and it even provides insight into the motivation of sin, grace, and the need for redemption. It was a good read, and opened my eyes to things in scripture that I would not have ever otherwise thought about...which is pretty cool considering it doesn't talk about religion, the Bible, etc. at all. I love how God uses things like that to make His point.
In closing, do good to others when it is in your power...I promise it will enhance your walk with The Lord, improve your relationships with others, enhance your own joy, and most importantly, show people the love of Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment