I was thinking this morning about the various components that made yesterday so challenging. Many of those challenges were relating to people, having to work through their problems before being able to move forward. I had allowed other people to negatively impact me to the point where I was feeling angry. I began to think this morning about Ephesians 6 and putting on the whole armor of God.
"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm." (Ephesians 6:13 ESV)
When we put on the whole armor of God, we are able to fend off attacks, able to stand firm. This was very insightful this morning, because it made me see that anytime I am feeling this way, I had better do a quick armor check and make certain that I am properly equipped and armored. It is amazing how simply doing a spiritual gut check can yield amazing results and defeat even the strongest of adversaries.
Today was a great day, and that I attribute to making sure my armor is in place and that He is my focus and nothing else.
No comments:
Post a Comment