There is much wrong in the world today. I am often surprised at people's reactions when politicians, business leaders, etc, commit horrible atrocities against the very people they are supposed to be serving. Why do we have any expectation of good from them to begin with? We are called to pray for them, regardless if they are for us or against us. This pleases The Lord. Regardless of your views, if you want to see real change, pray for our politicians & business leaders, pray for their salvation, pray that God would stir in their life, like He did in Saul's life (Paul). When you feel tempted to lash out, call names, etc, because of their corruption, instead lift up a prayer for them. I'm not saying to stop speaking out, I am saying that when God gets a hold on their heart, He will use their voice in a mighty and powerful ways. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, pray for your enemies like they are your brother or sister in Christ, because they one day could be because "This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." So won't you join me in praying for them?
No comments:
Post a Comment