I am angry. I identify with Job tonight. I am proud, I am self focused, and I feel like shaking my fists and saying that I KNOW what is best for me. I do not listen to reason, I believe that I can save myself. These are all the things that my actions and thoughts would say today about me today, and even worse, there is a pride inside that wants to tell me that this is good. I look to the book of Job tonight and see God's response to Job's complaint (his situation being far worse than my own). I do not have an arm like God, nor a voice that thunders as Does His. I am nothing in the scope of creation. Truth be told, I don't care what He says tonight, or how He says it, I just need to hear from Him to show me He cares, that He is involved, and that I matter to Him.
I know I matter, I know He cares, I just need that embrace of assurance from Him tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment