I would love to tell you that this blissful moment lasts and lasts and lasts, but I must confess that it doesn't. Eventually, my human brain interjects it's thoughts and not surprisingly, it is thoughts about everything that is "wrong" with my life as opposed to being grateful for all that the Lord has blessed me with. This leads me to today's verse from 2nd Corinthians 12; 7-10
"7 So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated.
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.9 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. "There are so many "Social Norms" in our culture today, you can "pick your poison" so to speak, but I don't know a single person that doesn't suffer from some kind of affliction. The kind of affliction that they would do anything to get rid of, yet it is the vary thing that God is using or is going to use to show the fullness of the power of Christ. Our human brain tells us "This is wrong" or "You deserve better than this" or "If I could only" or "If I only had" or "If I could...." etc. We should instead be content with our hardships, embracing the opportunity to experience the power of Christ, for when we are weak, we are strong because of Him. His Grace is sufficient!
I drove home tonight, and watched the sun slowly setting in the sky. I drove through rolling hills, sprawling farm fields, ponds, forests, and more splendor than I can even find words to describe. It was like strolling through a museum filled with your favorite artist's paintings, while listening to music from your favorite composer. I could almost feel the rocks singing out His praise. I'll end with Psalm 24 today:"1 The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof,the world and those who dwell therein,
2 for he has founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the rivers.
3 Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD?
And who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully.
5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek the face of the God of Jacob. Selah
7 Lift up your heads, O gates!
And be lifted up, O ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD, strong and mighty,
the LORD, mighty in battle!
9 Lift up your heads, O gates!
And lift them up, O ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD of hosts,
he is the King of glory! Selah"
AMEN!
Good stuff man. Keep it coming!
ReplyDelete