25 The fear of man lays a snare,
but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe.
Fear has become such a pervasive and prevalent part of Society. Safety seems to be of the utmost concern to nearly everyone (I'm not advocating unsafeness or lack of care). The underlying theme behind all of this is a lack of trust in the LORD. God wants us to trust him the way a child trusts their parent. There is so much more going on in the grand scheme of things and God sees all. I think of the book of Job where God basically calls Job out and asks him where he was while HE was creating everything. I find it very freeing to know that God is in control, because it takes a ton of pressure off of me. I know that no matter what, as long as I am seeking after Him and trusting in Him & being obedient to Him that things are going to be according to His will.
No comments:
Post a Comment