Friday, March 21, 2014

SOAP March 21, 2014

Scripture:   Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you. (Matthew 21:31 ESV)

Observation: God sees straight to the heart, anything done for the sake of appearance is false, and God knows the intentions of the heart.

Application: Instead of glory, seek humility.  In place of stature, seek servitude.  Rather than place worth in the opinion of men, trust in the value of the faithfulness of God.

Prayer: Daddy, there are enough people in the world who seek the spotlight, defaming themselves, and teaching a false gospel.  I pray tonight, not only for myself, but for all, that they would be consumed by You.  I pray that You would teach us to love like never before and truly help one another.  Let Jesus be glorified in our actions and in our lives.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment